Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for management of Project Managers (PMs) within an assigned group / team and oversight of their direct reports as well as management of their own allocated projects.
The SPM also provides project mentorship/guidance to Project Managers (PM) and their teams, assisting in developing project knowledge across CORE China.
The SPM will report to the Managing Director and dotted line report for the Director of Global Project Operations
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Coach/inspire team members in their role and responsibilities for project delivery and project team oversight, including providing technical guidance (where required), and being the point of issue escalation for PMs
- Develop and foster a collaborative team work approach across assigned projects, and the CORE China team more broadly
- Actively engage with implementation of the Centre for Operational and Research Excellence (CORE) strategic objectives and plans
Project Management & Technical Expertise
The SPM is responsible for delivery of large and highly complex projects across the TGI. The level of complexity may be determined by the number of therapeutic areas involved, the size, budget and the locations/regions covered. The SPM is also responsible to provide project management guidance and technical expertise to PMs
- Subject matter expert in clinical trials/research project management; engendering knowledge sharing across the project operations platform globally.
- Provide technical advice and suggestions in project consultations and reviews
- Review and contribute to the development of the TGI Project Operations SOPs
- Support budget development and review for funding applications
Compliance and Training
- Attend and actively participate in project management and organisational meetings and workshops
- Comply with all required project specific and TGI specific systems.
- Comply with all applicable regulations, guidelines, SOPs and project specific requirements. Complete and document all necessary training in the allocated system/form.
- Ensure project team members have access to necessary project specific training
- Report and escalate identified issues in areas of responsibility according to TGI and/or project requirement
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- At least 7 years’ experience in managing all aspects of complex clinical /research in an academic or pharmaceutical environment
- Extensive knowledge and experience of applying Research and Project Management principles
- Proven management experience of at least 5 years either as a line manager or project team manager
- Demonstrated experience in quality improvement
- Excellent abilities in written and verbal communication
- Tertiary qualifications in a related science or health care discipline and may have specialist qualifications
- Experience in managing NHMRC budgets and reporting requirements (or similar)
- Excellent working knowledge of ICH/GCP, ethical and regulatory requirements
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 30/06/2021