- Building better evidence though innovative study design including discovery research, clinical trials, epidemiological studies and pathways to research translation for new treatments
- Pioneering new ways of communicating data to the community and consumers
- Promoting high-quality research that will drive government and commercial investments in new solutions, support changes in behaviour and clinical practice, and improve the way illnesses are prevented and treated in order to optimize health and wellbeing
- Collaborating with global leaders in this area such as the Australian Clinical Trials Alliance, the Clinical Trials: Improving Quality group, and the US-based Clinical Trials Transformation Initiative, as well as specialty-specific initiatives in key areas
- Conducting high-quality research that uses a gender sensitive approach, and looks specifically at sex and gender differences in risk factors, treatment patterns and outcomes
Better treatments - thought leadership
We are applying innovative methods and building the evidence-base to create better treatments for the biggest health problems worldwide.
We recognise that we need the best evidence to define the best solutions, so we focus on generating and harnessing this evidence, to drive better health for millions of people globally.
Using the most robust, effective and efficient research methods, and contributing to the further development of these methodologies, we’re identifying ground-breaking ways to prevent and treat the chronic and critical conditions that cause the greatest loss of life and the greatest impairment of life quality.